Volunteer Minibus Driver
Are you looking to develop and discover new skills, explore a new field, get more life experience?
If so, volunteering your time to CT Passenger will not only look great on your CV, but will increase your:
You’ll also gain satisfaction and increase your confidence by:
- Customer service skills
- Driver skills and experience
- Personal and professional development
GENERAL INFORMATIONPosition within the Company JOB TITLE: Volunteer Minibus Driver AREA Birmingham, Bilston, Coventry, Blyth, Elswick, Byker & Oldham Please state required locationRESPONSIBLE TO: Operations ManagerHOURS WORKED: TBCDISCLOSURE REQUIRED: DBS Disclosure not requiredTO APPLY CALL OR EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01484 977226ROLE PURPOSETo drive all Community Passenger vehicles legally, safely and responsibly, taking either; groups of passengers, goods or individuals on a demand responsive basis, to and from different destinations. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supporting your community
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- To transport passengers accessing Community Passenger services in a safe and responsible manner.
- To provide cover for passenger assistants as required.
- To provide cover for goods vehicles drivers on an ad hoc basis when required and following appropriate training, be responsible in all aspects of safe loading and driving goods vehicles during the collection and delivery of donated furniture, household removals, goods and house clearances.
- To be responsible for meeting the legal requirements of Road Traffic Regulations, Construction and Use Regulations, Domestic Driving Rules and use of tachographs where relevant and all other aspects of Road Transport legislation.
- To ensure that vehicles are cleaned on a regular basis (inside and out)
- To ensure all CT Passenger’s requirements for drivers in relation to vehicle maintenance, safety, fare collection and data recording are met.
- To attend training courses as appropriate for the improvement of the service, including assessment and training to MiDAS standards.
- To ensure vehicles run to schedules, as identified. To ensure the correct completion of paperwork appertaining to each trip undertaken within the working day.
- To inspect your vehicle as required by current legislation and CT Passenger policies and report any defect or damage to your manager, using the Community Passenger defect reporting procedure
There are no documents available